“Launch fast, learn fast and move fast”
Innovation and curiosity are the primary drivers of digital transformation. The latest cloud application hosting technology, promises new horizons of success for startups. Traditionally, businesses had to build and maintain infrastructure to run on-premises applications which were costly and less efficient. But, with easy scalability and robust architecture, you can expect a good return on investment by switching your application to cloud hosting. From easy data management, to innovative and robust architecture, to hybrid IT solutions, the cloud can become your one-way ticket to success.
How cloud hosting will help your startup?
The following points highlight why the cloud is the best companion for IT startups:-
- Cost efficiency: The very first thing that every startup is more concerned about is its budget. As a startup, you have minimal capital and you need to utilize it efficiently. Cloud shifts your need to own an expensive server to a monthly rental plan and minimize your operational costs.
- Customer Support: Cloud service providers offer a dedicated expert team that is available to help you with any trouble or guidance you need regarding cloud hosting.
- Scalability: As your organization will grow, so will your demand for additional resources. You might require additional storage or processing to meet the requirements. With the cloud, you get a one-click installation of apps and easy and fast upgrade to your existing resources.
- Security: Securing user personal information is the biggest issue faced by companies. Cloud offers built-in security and reliability of your sensitive data. It will leverage your need to monitor the resources and will notify you of any security breach and runtime errors in your hosted applications.
- Automated Data Backups and Recovery: A typical cloud service provider has multiple data centers spread across the globe to deliver a robust service. With easy server management to automated data and application backup, cloud hosting is a great way to run your startup.
- Greater choice of resources: With cloud hosting services, you get a greater flexibility over the resources. You are free to sign up for any server or any operating system and only pay for resources that your business requires.
- Free to use services: Majority of cloud server providers offer various free to use programs and services to encourage startups to use their platform. The Amazon Web Service Free Tier enables you to get hands-on experience with AWS at no charge for 12 months.
Remove the complications
Cloud has more to offer than you need, but the differences in functionality and architecture of the new system may complicate the process. Before digging down the process of hosting your application over the cloud, the following steps aim to remove any complication that may arise during the execution :
- Determine your objectives: The first step is to determine your business objectives like improved security or easy deployment of on-demand resources which your existing infrastructure does not offer.
- Decide the right cloud model: Before selecting a cloud service provider, you need to decide whether you want an organization-specific- private cloud, for the mass community- public cloud or a hybrid cloud.
- Analyze the risks: Moving data from your system to a new environment brings a lot of troubles. With the right backup and recovery plans, you can easily mitigate the risk of data loss and application downtime.
- Research the right cloud provider: By now, you have analyzed your needs and decided to make a move. The next important step is to identify the right cloud service provider which can help you achieve your goals. The following criteria will help you determine the right one-
- Cost model of the provider should satisfy your budget
- Cloud architecture should satisfy your resource requirements
- Ease of use
- Whether it meets the compliance standards that apply to your company
- Long-term support
Migrate your application to the cloud
After introspecting various aspects of cloud, you can easily migrate your application over it. Planning and documenting each migration process can make or break the deployment. You need to carefully review the configuration changes necessary for the hardware and the operating system requested from the cloud. Then you can prepare the application package for migration and stop any development activity. Application components can be moved by either replicating the assets using scripts and available programs or using a third-party migration software. But before any system modification, it is always advised to back up the resources that are affected by the changes. The next step is to deploy your application on the cloud and configure the application to work seamlessly over it. Finally, you need to test the deployment and adapt the change which includes training your team to use the cloud services.
Making and launching an application in this growing world of competition is not easy if you don’t want to take huge risks. But with the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, businesses can host their applications on the cloud easily. It enables them to lower their costs by paying only for what they use, enjoy seamless and painless upgrades in functionality and easily integrate with their existing systems. With hundreds of advantages over the traditional web hosting, the cloud hosting can turn out to be a game changer for your startup.