Imagine how regular and saturated it becomes when you lead anything without any changes. Changes or Upgradation adds on an extra sense of functional curiosity thereby enhancing the thing to its fullest optimization. Life is simple but with time it also requires changes. Upgrading one’s life facilities are crucial and consistent to sustain it perfectly and precisely.
Same are the situations with the computer world and its attached parts. These attached parts or components require regular switching or upgrading in order to use them effectively.
What is Computer Hardware?
Computer hardware is the core of computer functioning. It functions as the working brain of the body assisting different parts to function together. The various different components of hardware are integrated or arranged all together to produce an effective computer source responsible for producing the desired output. These hardware are the visible and the physical parts of a computer machine that offers various output as per the fed input.
The functioning of computer hardware is controlled by a set of protocols referred to as Software. Software is the set of instructions or rule responsible for running any hardware devices. It is important as these set of rules or instructions are there that directs the hardware devices to perform the required action.
What is the need to Upgrade Computer Hardware?
The term update or upgrade is highly used in terms of the computer world. It simply refers to a process involving the addition of new hardware components by replacing the old ones or adding new features in the pre-installed hardware parts of the computer.
Hardware Upgradation is an important factor and very crucial for the functioning of overall computer parts. Upgradation of hardware is needed because:
- It enhances the performance of hardware resulting in smooth and fast functioning of all computers parts.
- The new upgraded features add extra capacity to the working parts of a computer.
- Some applications and software have requirements before installation. Hardware Upgradation leads to the fulfillment of these requirements thereby making these applications and software to run properly.
Effect of Hardware Upgradation on Windows
Computer hardware functions on a pre-installed software referred to as Windows. The most popular and advanced among all is Windows 10. The computer hardware working on Windows 10 needs to be updated or upgraded timely for their overall program maintenance. Upgradation of hardware is easily carried out on these Windows 10, but sometimes it may develop problems.
The working of Windows 10 software is generally based on a digital license. The working license of Windows 10 software is usually linked with the computer hardware parts on which the software is installed.
So sometimes while upgrading your computer hardware, the working license of Windows 10 software goes into dormant or deactivated state and thereby affecting or stopping its overall functioning. In order to start their functioning again, these Windows 10 software needs to be drawn from their dormant or deactivated state to an activated state.
How to prevent Windows 10 deactivation while upgrading Computer Hardware
As mentioned above Windows 10 deactivation takes place due to hardware updating or upgrading. This can be prevented. The linking of Windows 10 digital license to a Microsoft account which needs to be authorized may prevent the software from getting deactivated.
This process of linking the working digital license of a Windows 10 software to an authorized Microsoft account can be carried in a two set process.
- Linking of Windows 10 digital license to a valid Microsoft account.
- Reactivating your Windows 10 after it gets deactivated during hardware Upgradation.
Steps of Linking Windows 10 digital license to a valid Microsoft account.
The most important component required before the linking process start is a valid or a correct Microsoft account.
After having a valid Microsoft account, one can proceed as mentioned below.
- One needs to click on the Start button (placed in the lower left corner of the screen) of the Windows 10 desktop.
- Search and click on the Settings icon, a list will appear.
- After clicking on the Settings icon, select the “Upgrade and Security” option from the appeared list.
- After selecting the Upgrade and Settings option, a window will appear. From the left side of the window select “Activation”
- In the column appeared to check whether Microsoft account is linked with Windows 10 license. If not, add a valid Microsoft account and login with it to get it to link to the license of Windows 10.
- After the linking process is completed, restart or re-login into the system with your Microsoft account.
Reactivation of Windows 10 after its deactivation due to Hardware Upgradation
As no one has linked the Microsoft account with the working license of the software, one can shut down the system and make the hardware Upgradation process completed.
- After the process is completed, go back to the “Activation” page via “Settings” icon and check whether the Windows 10 is active or inactive.
- If it is inactive, then it will appear with a message “Can’t activate Windows” on the screen.
- On the bottom of the page, there is a troubleshooting link. Click on that link.
- The troubleshoot link will perform the required function to detect the problem in order to solve it.
- A tab will appear showing “login with a valid Microsoft account”
- After logging in with the valid Microsoft account the windows will get reactivated and will function properly with the current upgraded hardware.
Therefore Upgradation of any computer hardware or other parts is very crucial or essential for its enhanced or improved functioning. Updating your hardware components is essential for installing the new applications and programs as they support new features.
While upgrading your hardware parts, problems may arise in terms of your Windows getting deactivated but that can be solved by adopting the above-mentioned crucial methods. The two set processes mentioned above are the easiest and effective methods in order to go for hardware updating or upgrading without deactivating your Windows 10 functioning.