The ability to access and control a PC or MAC from a distant location via some software and a steady internet connection is known as remote support. IT experts and customer support technicians use remote control technology to show you how to use and to repair your computer remotely over the internet.
Imagine, that you just started your career as a web developer. You are using a copy of WAMP server that can create a local server on your computer to learn server-side programming. But, technology can ditch you anytime and so did your server. Now, you search the internet for all possible remedies but nothing seems to be work.
If you ask an expert, about the recovery time of the server, then the answer will never be easy. In such a situation, contacting someone with a good knowledge of web technology is most appropriate. Hence, a skilled IT consultant can help you by remotely accessing your computer and finding the root cause of the failure so that you can get back on track easily.
What Is Remote Support Technology?
Remote support technology allows you to share your screen with the supporting party. They can access your computer files, navigate the folders using your mouse cursor and change system settings without being physically present there. This can help you save your precious time and efforts. It can save the hassle of visiting the support center physically. With high-speed internet, reaching out for technical support has been very easy these days. There are plenty of technical support providers who offer and aid users who cannot fix their own PC issues.
Use of Remote Support In Organizations:
Remote support helps businesses to increase their productivity and work efficiency. It aims to reduce travel costs by providing quick resolution to technical problems. To assist in remote service, many businesses have developed their own software applications that provide various remote support tools. R-HUB remote support servers. Some of these servers are Bomgar, LogMeIn, GoSupportNow, GoToMyPC etc. These are examples of modern support tools that can remotely access your computers.
- Support demands can be addressed much faster and issues can be resolved quickly because the technician can immediately address the situation.
- Support costs are lower because it takes less time to address and resolve issues and there is no travel time involved. Thus, more clients can be served easily which ultimately has a direct impact on business profitability.
- IT providers now have many advanced tools at their disposal to resolve a greater number of issues than ever before:
- Remote control of devices
- Chat sessions
- Phone sessions
- Remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools to proactively identify and resolve issues without human intervention.
- Remote support allows both you and your IT vendor to scale support to meet business needs without geographical restrictions. The IT vendor can support a new branch in California as easily as it can support one in Chicago, without adding the costs of new staff, etc.
- A majority of technical errors can be resolved remotely without having to provide onsite service.
- The IT technician can access your system from anywhere at any time, without geographical restrictions. Therefore, you can choose from a variety of service providers worldwide.
Factors To Consider While Hiring a Remote Support Service:
- A remote computer service comes at a risk of downtime.
- This technology is totally dependent on your internet connection. It will be redundant if you don’t have an internet connection within the vicinity or you are getting a slow internet connectivity.
- If their problem is in your operating system or on your remote service application, a technician will have difficulty in resolving the problem.
- If the problem is in the hardware asset, like a network card or malfunctioning printer, a remote service will be useless.
- Having a remote support from an unknown technician increases the risk of data theft.
- Always have a remote session with the IT person whom you know personally or professionally or is a verified and trusted technician.
- Do not keep any personal or professional data open or unlocked in the PC/MAC before going for the remote session. Either delete it or keep it in a safely locked folder.
Best PC Remote Desktop Software
If you know someone who can easily help you out if any technical error occurs, you can use the following remote computer service software:
- Software by Ammyy.
- Bomgar Remote Desktop. Software by Bomgar.
- Software by TightVNC.
- Software by Splashtop Inc.
- Remote Desktop Software by ShowMyPC.
- Software by imPcRemote LLC.
- Software by Tomsk, Inc.
Over 70% of all technical faults can be resolved remotely much faster which will also cost less. Of course, if a piece of critical hardware fails and requires someone to go onsite to replace it, your IT vendor should be happy to do it. But this should be an exception, not a rule. Again, this should happen less than 30% of the time unless there are other more systemic issues causing recurring problems. This is true for relatively stable IT environments. But, if you are deploying new technologies, opening new offices, replacing aged equipment, etc., these are projects that, by definition, should have a defined start date and stop date. With these projects, onsite support is typically required, but you can plan for this ahead of time.