Windows 7 is a decade old now. It was introduced in the year of 2009, and finally it’s end date has been announced which is 14 January 2020. Microsoft Windows 7 has been the most favorite software of many users to date.
But now that its life is ending, people have to upgrade to Windows 10 or any other OS. For many of its users, January 14, 2020, is a date too soon as existing users still don’t want to give up on it.
Recent reports show that it is still used on 39% of the PCs. It is still incredibly famous, but it won’t be able to update or support operating system after it’s end date. It may seem a hassle for all to upgrade it, but no better option is available rather than switching to a better Operating System which goes well with their PCs.
Why is Windows 7 support ending this January?
Microsoft, in real, ended the life of mainstream Windows 7 on January 13, 2015. It means that new features will no more be added to the existing operating system and the warranty claims will also become invalid.
Moreover, Windows 7 support entered into life after the mainstream Windows 7 life ended. Support was added because of the high demand of Windows 7, and the support was added just to make sure that security issues and bugs are fixed. But after the end life of Windows 7, it will no more address to new breaches or exploits and the security will be at risk.
A few reasons why Microsoft Windows 7 support is ending are mentioned below:
- After a point of time, it becomes useless to keep the old software patched and invaded. It becomes useless from both financial and also in terms of time and efforts that are required to maintain it.
- Each year the price per device doubles. And Microsoft 7 is decade old now, and it should be switched either to Windows 10 or better software.
Looking beyond the problem
- Users are recommended to switch to a better Operating System while windows 7 support is still working. You can opt for any operating system you desire for. Or that will best suit your PC.
- Many may want to go for windows 8 in the hope of saving a bit of money, but although it is more recent than Windows 7, it will also be ending soon. So, people may go for Windows 10 or whatever they find perfect for their computer.
- If people still use Windows 7, they will not be getting any updates and neither the security check.
- The most important thing to be done before upgrading to better software is to back up all your important documents.
However, if you still continue to use Windows 7 support, you may have to suffer some problems as its life ends.
What comes next if you still use the age-old windows 7?
If you are still stubborn to use the Windows 7 operating system there is something you need to know:
- If you continue to use the old Operating System Windows 7 support, you will be paying a lot more money.
- There can be holes in your security. So why risk it when upgrading is available.
- You will stop getting recent updates.
- The end of Windows 7 support may also be taken as a sign that the other old software too may be ending soon. So you need to update your PC so that it works smoothly on the new operating system.
- Your old hard drive may not work in coordination if you keep using Windows 7 support because they are not designed according to the outdated software.
- And for new software, you need to make certain amendments on your PC so that the new operating system works well without any disruption. And the best amendment you can make for better working of your PC is to microsoft update your PC altogether.
Take it as an opportunity rather than spending time on what to do:
The operating system Windows 7 is coming to an end for everyone and not just you. So you can grab this opportunity. The best you can do is to upgrade to the most economical option – Windows 10. Though not everyone is a huge fan of it like they were of Windows 7.
Windows 10 may not work that well with your computer, so before that, you can make the best use of Windows 10.
- You can use it to make more secure transactions.
- It can be used for more efficient workspaces.
- It has features that work effortlessly with cloud and mobile devices.
‘Every good thing comes to an end ‘
The same way Microsoft Windows 7 support is coming to an end. There is no doubt that it has been a favorite of all the users since day 1. It has been running smoothly even today and causes no disruptions is the most valid reason why people still don’t want to switch to any other Operating System and also because switching to a new one may be a bit troublesome.
It is with Windows 7 that Microsoft has achieved a milestone of 10 years in 2019. But to get something better you need to let go of the old one. There is other software too which may run well in your computer. You just need to switch because no matter how much smooth Windows 7 support runs now it will become useless after January 14, 2020. It is better to switch while Microsoft Windows 7 is still having life. Later it may become a bit more problematic.
And as mentioned earlier you can even upgrade your PC to get the best results with the new software which you choose for your computer.