To have a PC lagging or completely freeze down on you is not a new thing to experience. Everyone has experienced a pc freeze while working on something important at least once in their lifetime. It is not the most pleasant thing to experience where you lose all data, simultaneously not being able to save it as the system freezes on you when you least expect it to, is the worst thing.
Reasons for a PC failure
There are many reasons for computer failures. A few of them mainly being
- Software related issues: When a user installs and uses third-party software, it leads to freezing of the system more easily than any other cause. Some third party software asks for permission, allowing it to gain access to specific resources. When the user gives the permission, those software starts functioning in a way which the Windows is unable to process. When an operating system does not understand something, it stops working and shut the system altogether to avoid any further damage to the system.
- Too many programs are running in the background: It may not look like a lot at the time when one keeps opening programs after programs to work simultaneously. However, this affects the CPU in an adverse manner. The more programs you keep running in the background, the more memory space it takes and slower the computer runs.
- Various driver related issues: Many times, the computer freezes when an external drive is inserted to the ports. In those cases, the driver is the central issue of the system to lag behind.
- Operating system related issues: When the operating systems are not updated for a long time, the computer tends to freeze. To be able to keep the system updated it is essential for the user to use a legal copy of the operating system.
- Heat-related issue: The temperature of the system processor is designed to work under a certain average temperature to keep the system up and running. But when the processor exceeds the intended temperature, the computer may freeze entirely, with abnormal noise on starting the system, it keeps restarting too often.
- Hardware issues: If the user has recently added new hardware to the system, it might lead the computer to freeze, if it is not installed correctly. Hardware misconfiguration is one of the most common issues for a computer to lag behind. Either that or the hardware that you installed might not be compatible with the user’s system.
- Antivirus related issues: Another common issue for a computer to freeze is when an outdated antivirus is used, or on not using an antivirus at all. An antivirus performs a system scan and other tasks, preventing the system from any sort of malware or Trojan attacks. So not having an updated antivirus or not having one at all, can expose the computer to all kinds of virus and malware, making it an easy target.
- Insufficient RAM: Random Access Memory, RAM with a considerable amount of memory is what keeps the computer system running smoothly. If too much space of a RAM is being used, it shuts down the system or the system keeps freezing at a regular interval of time.
With the addition to above-mentioned reasons, there are few more factors that are responsible for a complete PC shutdown. Cheap Computers, these days, are developed to be pretty stable. It doesn’t lag as much as it used to in earlier days. With advanced technologies used in every new version of PC, freezing of the system is decreasing as compared to earlier. But at some point, it does fail. As frustrating as it is for a PC to freeze, it can be repaired by computer repair Miami to get the system up and running after fixing a few problems. Taking care of your system accordingly can postpone these kinds of serious issues, if not completely stop it from happening.
Here’s a list of 10 tips one could follow to avoid a PC failure:
- Uninstall unused programs: Every program you install takes up memory space in the Read Only Memory, or ROM as it can be called. Your ROM might give you a lot of space but, once you start installing programs that you need and use frequently, but do not delete the unused programs, it only takes up more space and does not expand the memory space. Delete, uninstall all the unused programs that you’ve never used, and you are confident of not using in the future.
- Temporary files: Delete all the temporary files that are piled in your computer from browsing the internet. Stop opening too many programs at the same time. It takes up RAM memory and makes the computer slow. Open only the program you know you will work on.
- Third-party software installing: When you install third-party software and give it permission to access specific resources, it acts upon the system’s functionality. Avoiding permitting to access all these resources to third-party software, or better yet avoiding installing any kind of third-party software, can give PC a longer runtime.
- Avoid using faulty external drives: Using a faulty external drive can corrupt specific system resources. So, installing a device driver software and updating it every time a new version is available, can avoid a computer system failure.
- Operating system update: This may not most people think about, but not updating the operating system for a long time makes the system slow and eventually leading into complete system failure. To avoid this, an updated operating system is a must.
- Avoid overheating: Overheating is mainly environmental. Make sure that computer vents are not blocked to avoid overheating. Dust can clog air flow, so vacuuming out the dust every now and then can avoid overheating.
- Install hardware properly: When hardware is misconfigured while installing into the system, it leads to desktop PC failure. Getting professional help while installing new hardware can avoid such failures.
- Update antivirus: Antivirus plays a vital role in computer system up and running and preventing it from various malware, worm attacks. Always invest some money on the antivirus; it can solve so many of the freezing problems, and system failure can be avoided for a long time.
- Increase the RAM memory: When too many programs are running, it is using the RAM space. If you must run too many programs at the same time, make sure to upgrade your RAM to increase RAM space and avoid the computer from freezing.
- Run disk clean up: Simple yet effective, running disk clean up from time to time, avoids so many disk related issues. It’s the same as getting rid of household items you don’t need or use anymore. Disk clean-up is a built-in tool that clears useless caches, unnecessary large files.
While a complete computer failure cannot be avoided with all the above-mentioned factors, but it sure can be practiced to postpone system failure for a long time.
If a computer failure happens, then contacting a computer repair Miami would be the best option.