The cloud-native architecture will help your IT and software to work together. This will help you in creating a faster environment. Cloud-native applications focus on how new technology is packaged, distributed and built. It doesn’t focus on where it was stored and created. When you are creating these cloud-native applications, you will have will complete control. Thus, you will have full control over the development process. In this article, we are going to discuss every aspect of Cloud-native applications.
What is a Cloud-native application?
Cloud-native applications are small or packaged applications of microservices. They use a container-based environment. Cloud-native technology will allow you to divide your application into several services. Thus, your team can work a specific service. After that, it will pack all the services together and deploy them. You can use DevOps processes for managing these applications. DevOps processes will ensure that your deployment workflow is uninterrupted. In the past, companies used to create their applications in one go. But, now they can divide their applications into several packages. This will help you in increasing the efficiency of your development team.
What is a Cloud-Native Application Architecture?
This architecture is made for cloud platforms only. Cloud-native apps are stored in containers. These containers will ensure that you can run your application on any platform. You need a virtual environment for running these containers. Thus, these containers are actually isolated from their actual application environment. This will ensure that these containers are portable and independent. You can use your test systems for testing your cloud-native apps. After testing your app, you can remove or add new options in the app.
The cloud-native architecture will allow you to quickly update and build your applications. Thus, you can quickly improve the quality of your application. It will also reduce the risk of messing up. This architecture is very efficient and scalable when compared to traditional architecture. You can run these applications on any platform. It will allow you to build and test your applications until you are satisfied. Thus, you can create the perfect product for your clients. If you don’t have the development knowledge, then you can outsource cloud developers.
You can create this architecture by using microservices. These services will help you to divide your application into smaller parts. Thus, you don’t need to rework your entire applications. Containers will ensure that you can easily update your application. It will become easy to release new updates.
Lastly, you should ensure that your application can access the elasticity of your cloud. This will ensure that your developers can push code faster to production. Thus, you can deliver your product quickly to your clients. This will help you in scaling up your application’s resources.
Key Characteristic of Cloud-Native Application Architecture
Use best frameworks and applications
You have to ensure that all your services are made using the best frameworks and applications. This will help you by increasing the speed of the development process. Thus, make sure that you are choosing the best framework and language for your applications.
Use APIs for Interaction and Collaboration
There are various different API-driven services that you can use for collaboration. It is best to use fine-grained API-driven solutions for your applications. You can use different rules for different services of your application. For example, you can use Google PRC for communicating between different services.
You have to ensure that your application is fully automated. This will ensure that you can manage your large applications. You have to also check how your applications are using protocols. There are various different protocols like storage quota, network policy, and CPU. You can access all these protocols. But, your IT department doesn’t have access to all these protocols. Thus, it is best to use DevOps for managing your app. It will ensure that your app is independent. You can check how many pipelines are required to manage your application.
How to build cloud-native applications?
Every developer has a unique development process. Their development process will depend on their capabilities and skills. But, make sure to add these characteristics during the development process.
- Updates: You have to ensure that your application is always available. Also, you must provide regular updates to your customers.
- Downtime: You should try to minimize the downtime of your applications. It is important to have a disaster recovery plan. This will help you in dealing with downtime.
- Languages: You can use various different languages like CSS, Node.js, Python, HTML, and Java for writing cloud-native apps. But, make sure that you are not using C, C++ or C# for creating your applications.
- Automation: You have to ensure that your application is automated. This will increase the speed of your application. It will also ensure that your application is reliable.
- Modularity: You have to ensure that your application has several modules. Microservices are going to run the functions of your application. Thus, you can shut them off whenever you want. This will also ensure that you can easily update your app. If you are not dividing your application in modules, then you can need to shut down your app for making any changes. This can cause a lot of damage to your user base.
- Statelessness: Cloud-native applications are not tied by anything. The app will automatically store the data in the database.
- Multitenancy: You have to ensure that your application can work in a virtual space. Thus, it must share computing resources with other apps.
The cloud-native architecture will help you in improving applications. Thus, you can deliver better services to your users. It has already proved its efficiency in the market. According to a report by Forbes, more than 80% of applications are going to use cloud by 2025 for providing better services. Thus, it is the best time to switch to cloud-native apps. You can save a lot of money by switching to cloud-native apps. If you need more information about cloud-native apps, then you can contact Bleuwire.